Thursday 31 March 2011

The Cottage Loaf Bakery

The Cottage Loaf Bakery



Showing the pictures now, I will add information later. Thursday afternoons I child mind two of my grandchildren, who presently are exploring little boxes of delights, with a barrage of questions. What is this? What is this for? Where are you going to put this? Concentration is now going back to the little darlings. Phew! they are on their way home. Isn't it wonderful? As a grandparent being able to spend precious time with the little ones but before the day has ended, well fed and nutured they are packed off back to their parents, and peace descends once more to my abode. Back to the bakery. This model was made using salt dough, a cup of salt a cup of flour, however in this case there was more than a cup of each involved. I bought 3 rolls aof aluminum foil to form a huge ball, the salt dough was made, rolled and laid over the huge ball, to form the shape. The dome on top is one almost one roll of foil whith the pastry wrapped around it, I added a collar to secure it to the roof of the main dome. Added a chimney. Off into the oven. I had no idea how long it would take, it took hours and hours. When removing the foil from the main dome, I didn't think about it getting hotter and hotter the deeper into the centre I went. I quickly found out. Ouch!! In my haste I pushed my thumb through the back, which prooves there is such a thing as a 'happy acident', if you look you will see I decorated a window, which was never in my plan, it was to cover the happy accident. It took nearly as long to find a round bread board as it had done to make the thing, but perserverance pays it's rewards. The inside of the model is not my usual 1/12th scale, this is more probably 1/24th. I do hpe you have enjoyed the visit to the Cottage Loaf bakery today. I wonder what I will add tomorrow? Many thanks for visitin, if you can, meaning if your a blogger, please think of leaving either a message,a comment or even a question. I know your visiting, would leave to hear from you.

4 comments:

  1. I am not a blogger (don't have the time or anything interesting to blog about) but I am loving popping in each day to see your latest addition. I love the copper kettle. It reminded me of little copper ornaments my mum used to have when I was small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how clever! I love this- it's so sweet! I like the chimney a lot and I love how you have the flowers vining around the window. Did the top bake that beautiful brown or did you paint it? Wonderful work-I would like a warm loaf of bread now please :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Caz. This is fabby. What a sweet wee bakery. Love it!

    ReplyDelete